7.22.2008

collaging with purpose

Hello, Hello.

IMG_2206

So as someone who is crazy about cutting and pasting, I have accumulated A LOT of magazines! I cleaned out my studio the other day and felt the need to purge a lot of what I had to create room for the new to come in, but then I had this thought that before I toss these into the recycling bin, maybe I could create some kind of challenge for myself. For each magazine, I will create a collage based on images only from that issue. I have not felt super inspired lately, so this feels like a simple and gentle practice of creating.

For my first collage, I used ReadyMade magazine, April/May 2008

IMG_2208

Do you know Heather Smith Jones? She has some really amazing projects + collaborations going on - not to be missed! To me, she oozes creativity and inspiration!

Who is inspiring you today?

2 comments:

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

*You* always inspire me!

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.