7.23.2009

good things



So lately I haven't been doing much arting around, but have been focused on expanding my web design portfolio and have some fun projects going on that I will post about soon.

There are so many great resources out there now for people who want to start their own business and freelance. In the past I have found "business" type books to be boring and thought they all sounded the same, blah...blah..blah.

A few weeks ago a talented designer + artist recommended the book "My So-Called Freelance Life" by Michelle Goodman and I loved it so much that I could hardly put it down. Her writing style is very entertaining and witty, all the while very informative and resourceful. She offers advice on topics that I have always wondered about and also, things I would have never thought about, especially in communicating with clients. As an artist + designer I feel more confident in the business side of things and that is something to be valued.

I am also reading her first book "The Anti 9 to 5 Guide", which is another great resource. Check out Michelle's blog here.

Also, the cover design of her books totally had me at hello!

2 comments:

oh.amanda said...

Aren't they SO good?! Glad you like 'em & thanks for the shoutout. :)

PixieDust said...

Yep, the last thing you need is dry, boring reading when you are motivating yourself to go full steam ahead, yes?

You will succeed moving forward, you have the talent and drive.

Have a wonderful weekend!
(((HUGS))),
Me