1.06.2008

Mondo Beyondo Part 1




Inspired by the amazing Andrea Scher, I am doing my Mondo Beyondo for 2008 Part 1::

1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007?
(What did you create? What challenges did you face with courage and strength? What promises did you keep to yourself? What brave choices did you make? What are you proud of?)
I really grew as an artist this year. My art feels more relaxed, personal and I love that it meets me where I am in my life at the given moment. As a result, I sold more art than ever before as well.
I ran a 5k in December, which was am amazing accomplishment for me.

I had more faith in myself and what I am capable of doing. This fall I worked 25+ hours a week, went to school full-time and completed art for a show. I don't want to do this again, but I am so proud of myself for making it through. I had no idea how strong I was.

2. What is there to grieve about 2007?
(What was disappointing? What was scary? What was hard? What can you forgive yourself for?)
I think the biggest thing was the sudden loss of my father-n-law Larry in April. It was tragic, sad, beautiful and confusing.

I forgive myself for not completely letting go of food as an emotional crutch. I forgive myself for not being a super partner to my husband when my time was so limited. I forgive myself for my insecurities around my body and in general. I forgive myself for comparing myself to others. I forgive myself for not walking my dog everyday. I forgive myself for not having more of my life figured out. I forgive myself for looking at people.com everyday.

I am grieving the space and time I had before going back to work. I am grieving what the holidays used to mean to me and depending on others to create that "magic" for me.

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?
2007 you represent: grief, loss, growth, strength and creation. Thank you. I am now ready to move on to 2008.

2008 is my year for spiritual growth, travel and relationships

0 comments: