7.04.2013

Thankful Thursday and Happy 4th!

Mumford and Sons (current chalkboard message)


My amazing, brave, warrior  friend Gail writes these gratitude filled posts called Thankful Thursdays. I am always inspired by how big her heart is and it's completely filled with gratitude.

Last night I took a walk on our block with our pup Maisy at around 9. I can't remember the last time I took a walk at that magical evening time, there was still some light, the fireflies were were glowing and the smell of a campfire along with lots of chatter from a little boys camp out.

I felt such a deep gratitude for my neighborhood last night. We have lived here just over three years, but I feel like I am just getting to know some of our neighbors – and it's so much fun. The children are delightful, there are always kids running through our yard playing cops and robbers, etc.

We have had 4 families move in over the last year, it is fun to have their energy and I have also been chatting with our senior resident Mr. Green, who has lived on this street for MANY years. There is such a great balance of life happening here. My heart is FULL.

1 comments:

GailNHB said...

It is a gift to be thnakful, making all of life more enjoyable. I hope you see many more fireflies in the coming weeks. .